Backpacking is great in almost every way, but it can be expensive when you’re a beginner with no gear and a limited budget. To make things relatively affordable, we’ve challenged ourselves to get a full outfit of gear for $200. We researched, selected, and bought what we think are some of the most promising, ultra-low cost options out there.
We already showed you the gear we chose and explained why we chose it, in the first video (https://youtu.be/S5H7zY-axBA). Now it’s time to pack up the gear, throw on the backpack, and hit the trail. We’re starting out the season in usual fashion with a fully geared up day hike, but this time we’ve got new gear to test out.
What do you think? And if you end up trying any of the gear for yourself, we’d love to hear your thoughts!
Final load weight 13 pounds (no food, water, extra clothing, toiletries.)
First backpacking trip → https://backpackerbrothers.com/get-hiking-the-first-trip/
Photos and more details → https://backpackerbrothers.com/the-cheap-gear-list/
Beginner backpacking gear basics → https://backpackerbrothers.com/beginner-backpacking-gear/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/backpackerbrothers/
▪ Pack → https://amzn.to/2IXVBZc
▪ Sleeping Bag → https://amzn.to/2H1uSyF
▪ Cook Kit → https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-10-Piece-Easy-Storing-Camp-Cook-Set/49332887
▪ Stove → https://amzn.to/2JP7DWc
▪ Water Filter → https://amzn.to/2HoBPcu
▪ Headlamp → https://amzn.to/2HDmwdt
▪ Knife → https://amzn.to/2qArrnd
▪ Pillow → https://amzn.to/2JOUmNd
▪ Sleeping Pad → https://amzn.to/2qzKKgw
▪ Compass → https://amzn.to/2H0a6PO
Still to come: Testing the sleep system overnight.
▪ Tent → https://amzn.to/2qyBPMo
Website & Blog → https://backpackerbrothers.com/
B-Bros Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/BackpackerBr…
B-Bros Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/backpackerbrothers/
As always, thanks so much for watching. Subscribe for more.