🚐 Free Camping in Florida 🌴Budget Campgrounds | RV Dry Camping & Boondocking
🚐 Free Camping in Florida 🌴Budget Campgrounds | RV Dry Camping & Boondocking
We share some boondocking travel tips on how to get free camping in Florida! As full time RV nomads we’re always looking for campsites along our road trip that won’t break the budget 💰. Living off the grid for a few days in Florida’s Water Management Area is our favorite way to take advantage of the beautiful Florida weather & scenic views while keeping cost to a minimum!
Read the blog post here – http://www.eatseerv.com/free-camping-in-florida
Here’s a link to the FWC’s – Water Management Area state wide map:
👆 Enjoy, Like, & Subscribe ✌️❗️
Check out our Adventure Blog: www.eatseerv.com
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/eatseerv
Like us Facebook: www.facebook.com/eatseerv
Why aren’t you pregnant? You’re built for BBC!
I’m from Ohio. I’ve been in every state in the USA, I live in south Florida on the Atlantic side -Fort Lauderdale to be specific. I live in Florida only because this is where the job is. Now, do I like Flordida? it has to be the ugliest state in the in the Union!
But Florida sucks, its a scummy state!!
Great HD video and such a wonderful and professional spokesperson! Thanks
It was nice NOT to mention where this place was
things are so expensive in fla a lot of people are camping and in fla everyone is a criminal, them police cops they will harass an 80 yr old or a 14 yr old, if you live down there know your rights and know a good lawyer
Come down and see our beautiful Skunk apes!!
Are generators allowed?
Peppermint spray keeps the bugs away
Thank you for the information, this is so helpful in so many ways.
You now have a new subscriber!😀
Are there any campgrounds that are free, has 50 watt hookups, water and sewers?
Is it just me or does the government website make it super confusing and convoluted so you can’t make head or tails of where to go to make a reservation and or get a permit to stay at one of the free sites?
The link is to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection…not the Water Districts.
People camping in tents ?….picnic shelters , tables , but no water source?
Hello, which campground is that one.
Lots of useful information, thanks for sharing this and this is a thumbs up video 👍
what sites are free for tent camping in s Florida or north Florida im currently in fort Lauderdale
Hola thanks for the tour love it . Beautiful
What you may or may not know is:
1. BLM-owned properties, as well as most state-owned compgrounds, only allow camping for a total, maximum of 2 weeks per year.
2. Conventional (paid) campgrounds fees (per night) have almost become as expensive as a mid-rate motel, and most of those campgrounds limit “extended stays” beyond 1-2 months, and FEW campgrounds offer “live-in” (aka year-round) arrangements. And most all of the campgrounds that DO offer “extended stays” have strict policies that prohibit older or “unsightly” rigs. The rule of thumb is: The better the campground or location, the more restrictions… and higher fees.
3. Maintaince and repair costs, especially for motorhomes, costs are EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH!
4. “Nomad” living also has it’s own unique, ever changing stressors in life… (police harassment, codes, ordinances, weather, etc.)… Not to mention the stress of knowing that (sooner than later) you MUST move on from wherever you “camp”…Meaning; CONSTANT PLANNING AND COMPLIANCE!
5. Costs for basic necessities vary GREATLY depending on which part of the country you’re travelling. (i.e. gas, groceries, suppies, TAXES, etc.)
6. Mobile homes and vehicles offer little shelter from extreme weather situations, ESPECIALLY NATURAL DISASTERS SUCH AS TORNADOES, WIND STORMS, AND EXTREME BLIZZARDS, which severely limits areas of travel to certain times of year. RV’s and vehicles are poorly insulated. And, ALL RVs (sooner or later) are extremely prone to water leaks from structural stresses from travel, electrical circuit overload (i.e. fires), and severe health risks such as respiratory issues as a result of mold & mildew buildup (which will require replacement of the entire vehicle if not prevented early through REGULAR maintenance and repair)…. Travel trailers are NOT the same as mobile homes!
7. “There are no rules” is a MYTH! Being a “nomad” means being subjected to, and following a LOT of rules in a LOT of different states, jurisdictions, cities, and towns…. A LOT OF DIFFERENT RULES AND LAWS!! …Meaning; if you travel (aka ‘live’) within several different states, you’ll be subject to three times the laws, regulations, and restrictions that a “NON-NOMAD”… Ever-changing laws require constant research, which can ADD TO stress levels!
8. TOTAL PRIVACY IS A MYTH!! …. (park rangers, cops, nosy campers, rude campers, hikers, hobos, traffic, noise pollution, etc…)
9. Vehicles and trailers will grow old (a LOT faster than a house), and (sooner than later) need replacement. Maintenance AND replacement costs must be included (and set aside) in a monthly budget… Same as a monthly rent or a mortgage.The worst thing for a vehicle is to allow it to “sit” for too long! WITHOUT A BUDGET FOR REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT COSTS, YOU’RE LIVING ON BORROWED TIME BEFORE YOU WILL BECOME TRULY HOMELESS (aka on the streets)!
10. “$600 month budget means (after fees, maintenance, repairs, and basic living expenses) YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD MUCH (IF ANY) TRAVEL! … Meaning, you WILL be forced to “camp” somewhere (for an extended stay) for the largest majority of your life as a, “nomad”. (If your lucky, a “year-round” trailer park.) …You’ll be forced to HOPE that your location, view, neighbors, landlord (aka “Park Manager”), and local costs of living (i.e. taxes) are better than that of the “house hermits” they speak of here…..
KEY WORDS: TRAILER PARK…. (Good luck with that!)
There’s a saying; “Land is the only thing they’re not making any more of”
Good tour and informational walk and talk about Florida Free RV Land park sites. So true about Pack out what you bring into any Park. If folks would take the time to pick up behind themselves the Free RV Parks will last. Once the State, Counties have to come in and clean up, so will the cost for RV sites as well. This make be helpful to some http://www.CampFlorida.com
Have you had any "DISH NIGHTS" with neighbors as they can be lots of fun. (Dish Night, is a planed day where every camper, makes a dish and brings something for everyone to a planned location). Eat, talk and getting to know your neighbor. Thanks
Well done! Good content and video quality. Thanks for sharing. Have any TN suggestions by chance?
Great info. Thanks, Keep Enjoy Life.
I’m an RVer myself but I live in Florida and travel to other states and wish many other states were as accommodating as Florida is for RVers. I am glad that people who come here find that there are many places that are free or really low on the budget and still offer a lot of accommodations.
Did you inhale Helium ? You sound like Minnie Mouse
yea its free camping but not forever slow down its just free if your staying for like two or three nights
jeez …how many edits on sitting in a chair ????????
Pretty women !! love camping
That is not camping
I’m heading to Florida with a 40ft bus
You seem like a nice lady but let me get this straight? You have an RV that’s probably worth around $60,000-100,000 dollars and you are worried about free camp sites? It sure is easy living off the grid when you have a ton of money
Thanks for this presentation. I’ve RVed for 17 years now, but have never dry-camped on public lands. You have inspired me to give it a try!
Suggestion: How about pinning links to the 5 districts you mentioned down below. T/Y!
I am selling my camper people think campers are cheap but I’m here to tell you there expensive utilities are cheap but lot rent and payments for the camper it’s just like owning a 2nd home financially they are a bad investment I know from experience I lived in my camper for 6 months last summer
….But is it…"virus- free" camping….??
In reality, you’re not really camping, not even roughing it.
Great video! Do you know if Canadians can stay in those gorgeous spots?
You did a great job on this one. We’re not boondockers, but for those who are, this is great info. Good job.
You can go camp on BLM land or any National Forests for free out in the amazingly beautiful and exciting Mountains of the West. Why would anyone want to camp in miserable humid Florida?
Lake okachobee is where my Dad broke his neck in 1974. He lived as a quadraplegic for 40 years and was an awesome dad!
As of 2020 the sites are now designated where you can park. I think DePuis has 28 sites and I think the maximum stay time here is 9 days. I have stayed here around five times and I love it. You will need to talk to the campground host too. Lots of hiking trails also. This site has a separate area for equestrian use too. Great horse trails. The website is tricky but well worth learning.
We have spent some time there the last two winters.. in fact it looks like you were camped close to us. I think we are the tan colored Roadtrek with Ontario plates that you filmed.
What about the bugs? I would need a screened in area for the outdoor area😳
What is the address or website
gracias por la información,esto es lo que yo necesito me están desalojando con mis perritos y no encuentro nada como le hago para tener inf. gracias
your frigen cute 🙂
Thanks so much it does look beautiful! I definitely want to spend a winter there!
Any map of where?
Where is this campground????