Join me for an ultra high definition real time driving tour of Jefferson, Texas!
Jefferson, Texas is located in East Texas and has a population of about 2,500 people. Jefferson was founded in 1841 and is known for its many historical markers in the town. Many of the historic houses in Jefferson now operate as a bed and breakfast, making Jefferson known as the Bed and Breakfast Capital of Texas.
There are many historic buildings and tourist attractions in the town including the Gould Railroad Car and the Jefferson Carnegie Library which was constructed in 1907 with money donated by Andrew Carnegie.
Jefferson was able to benefit from being an important port due to the natural formation of a log jam that kept the Red River at high enough water levels for significant amounts of commercial traffic coming in from the Mississippi River. After the Civil War the town was one of the largest in Texas, with a population rumored to be approaching 30,000 people. In 1873 the army corp of engineers cleared away the log jam, which then caused the river and Caddo lake to drop their level to the extent that commercial traffic was no longer able to reach the town by boat.
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support!
//GEAR I USE
Everything starts with the camera gear:
* GoPro Hero 10 – https://amzn.to/3sP8VJN
* Canon EOS M50 – https://amzn.to/3FR9kii
* DJI Pocket 2 – https://amzn.to/3qHobpj
* DJI OM 5 – https://amzn.to/32WscOh
I like to travel as often as I can. Here is some gear I like:
* Peak Design Travel Duffel 35L – https://bit.ly/3G0Fl7C
* Peak Design Tech Pouch – https://bit.ly/3zhrWWg
* Peak Design Wash Pouch – https://bit.ly/3HvB9NC
* Yeti Cooler – https://amzn.to/3sRK5sA
I listen to all the audiobooks while on the road. Get started with a free audiobook here:
* Audible – https://amzn.to/3FQHcvJ
Or listen to music here:
* Amazon Prime Music – https://amzn.to/3mRmVib
Don’t forget to subscribe for more peaceful drives: @Decelerated Travel